Your basket is currently empty!
Could you grow your own wedding or other special occasion flowers?
Where to start if you want to grow your own wedding flowers
Could you grow your own wedding flowers? Do you want to? Imagine what it would feel like to have grown all the flowers for your wedding. Is this something you’ve thought about? If you’re getting married next year in the Spring or Summer you can grow your own bouquets and table arrangements if you start soon and have a detailed plan. Most of the flowers can be grown in less than 6 months but if you have longer it will make it simpler. You can sow seeds now and plant bulbs for early colour. Planting shrubs like roses and hydrangeas into pots and tubs would look wonderful. Before you go further I have put together a list of questions to ask yourself which will help you decide whether you could.
Ask yourself these 6 questions…
If you decide you’d like to grow your own wedding flowers then I can help you. I will guide you through the growing process so that you get the results you want. You will get easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions on:
- how and what to grow, depending on the month you’re getting married,
- how to prepare and look after your soil,
- how to calculate the number of plants you’ll need,
- a list of flowers by season with a key to how easy they are to grow,
- a checklist for the days leading up to the wedding
- notes on cutting and conditioning your flowers.
There is also a private facebook page and zoom calls for all your questions.