Your basket is currently empty!
How to grow ranunculus in 6 easy steps
- Soak your corms overnight and they’ll double to size
- Put them into some damp compost or vermiculite to chit
- Wait for them to sprout
- Plant them into seed trays or modules until they have leaves
- Plant them into the ground in Spring
- Cut yourself some beautiful flowers in May
1. Soaking corms
Put your corms in a container of water for 10-12 hours. They will swell to twice their original size
2. Chitting corms
Place your corms onto a seed tray or into a plant pot. Cover with some damp compost or vermiculite and keep damp – spray with a bit of water every day. They will start chitting in about a week.
3. Plant them into seed trays or modules until they have leaves
This will give you lovely little plants in about 4-6 weeks that you can plant out into the garden.